This is an abbreviated version of my CV. For the most up to date and extended version click to Link to current CV.
- Master of Library and Information Science
- University of Denver, June 2016
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
- University of Miami, May 2011
- October 2017-present Assistant Professor, Teaching and Learning Librarian
- Lied Library, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Sept 2016-Sept 2017 Reference and Instruction Librarian
- University Library, University of California, Santa Barbara
- July 2015-August 2016 Education and Outreach Graduate Assistant
- Auraria Library, University of Colorado Denver
Credit-Bearing Classes Taught
- Introduction to Library Research, UCSB
(in press) Matusiak, K. K., Heinbach, C., Harper, A., & Bovee, M. Visual literacy in practice: Use of images in students’ academic work. College & Research Libraries.
(forthcoming) Locke, Brandon, Patel, K, Heinbach, C. Mulligan, R., stringer-stanback, k. Nurturing Citizen Scholarship: Civic Education and Digital Learning in the Neoliberal University. Digital Library Federation Forum (DLF Forum). Las Vegas, October 2018.
(forthcoming) Heinbach, C, & Matusiak, K.K. (2018) Visual Resources and Social Media: Leveraging Everyday Practices to Teach Information Literacy. European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL). Oulu, September 2018.
Heinbach, C. (2018). Checklists Are Not Enough: Exploring Emotional Intelligence as Information Literacy. Library Instruction West (LIW). Grand Junction, July 2018.
Heinbach, C., Fiedler, B., & Mitola, R. (2018). Inter-institutional Student Success: An asset-oriented inquiry into transfer students. Library Orientation Experience (LOEX). Houston, May 2018.
Fiedler, B., Heinbach, C. , & Lenker, M. (2018). Lose the lecture: Gamble on peer to peer learning. Intermountain Teaching for Learning Conference. Henderson, March 2018
Matusiak, K. K., Heinbach, C. Harper, A., & Bovee, M. (2017). Using Consensual Qualitative Research approach to study visual literacy in practice. The Library Research Round Table (LRRT) Research Forum at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Meeting, Chicago, June 25th, 2017.
Matusiak, K.K., Harper, A., & Heinbach, C. (2017). Visual literacy in practice. The 45th Annual Conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS NA), New Orleans, February 7, 2017.
Tyler, A., Heinbach, C., Guo, J., Gadbois, R., Nunamo, N., & Cleveringa, A. (2016, January). Building a digital collection: University of Denver hockey champions. Poster session presented at the University of Denver Research and Performance Summit, Denver, CO.
Heinbach, C., Landis, C. & Hicks, A. (2016, April 26). Publishing Practice: developing a professional identity[Web log]. http://acrlog.org/2016/04/26/publishing-practice-developing-a-professional-identity/
Matusiak, K. K., Bodnar, K., & Heinbach, C., (2015, December). A collaborative project between the University of Denver LIS students and the ENSSIB students in Lyon. International Leads. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/irrt/sites/ala.org.irrt/files/content/intlleads/leadsarchive/2015r.pdf
- ACRL IS Awards Committee (secretary) July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018
Awards and Honors
- University of California Santa Barbara Library
Outstanding Library Employee (OLE)-Leadership, Fall 2016 & Winter 2017
- Beta Phi Mu-Library and Information Science Honors Society
Initiated June, 2016
- Rocky Mountain Special Libraries Association
Horizon Award, March 2016
- American Libraries Association
Student to Staff scholarship, October 2015
- ACRL Instruction Section Awards Commitee, secretary